Monday, April 25, 2011

Kill Me Comix

I drew Kill me Comix through 5 years and 6 issues, and just had fun with it. There is an unmatched freedom in independent print media for creative concepts and unique perspectives. These are underground comix for people who think a little different. They're a little bit crude and a little bit crazy, and really mirror my thinking. Between and within single issues, stories and formats radically vary from structured narrative to total abstraction, from teenage ideology to absolute absurdity, losing and finding styles and structures all the way along. Really, while I was drawing these, I thought I had them all figured out, but it's clear in retrospect that this work is totally unrestrained imagination running wild over paper.... and to me, that's still what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment